Sunday, February 11, 2007

Valentine's Day


This Wednesday is Valentine's day, and I've been busy working on cards for the special people in my life. Here's one of my favorites. It's for my husband's mom and dad.


Starting with a piece of vellum paper, I used Basic Black in on the front side to stamp the word Love and the hearts. After this dried, I turned over the vellum and using markers in matching colors to the Loves Me designer paper, I colored in the hearts and letters.


I chose to use the vellum paper because it toned down the busyness of the designer paper. The top and bottom right corners have been fastened together with a couple of Sahara Sand colored eyelets. I glued the left side of the vellum to the left side of the designer paper. Then I adhered the paper and vellum to the Chocolate Chip card stock. After this I applied a small amount, about 1/2 inch, of Sticky Strip behind the right edge of the Chocolate Chip card stock and again just to the left of the patterned paper/vellum. This holds the Taupe Grosgrain ribbon in place.


My husband joined me in card making this weekend. We had a good time creating together. He used the Love Swirls wheel with Chocolate Chip ink on Regal Rose cardstock. We tore the sides to soften the look, and then we attached it so that it covered the glue under the vellum.


Last steps: we glued the finished 8 inch x 5 inch card front to the 8-1/2 inch by 5-1/2 inch Whisper White card stock we used for a base, and then stamped the sentiment inside. Since there are six of us in the family, we figured that we needed lots of room for everyone to write their own greetings inside to Mom & Dad/ Grandma & Grandpa. Now if we can just figure out where to send this card ...? LOL


(... off to make a phone call to find out where the RV's parked this week ... )