Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Moment of Gratitude

I'd like to dedicate this card to a wonderful friend of mine, Lorelei. Whenever people ask me how I got started in this craft of card making, I smile a big smile and say, "It's all her fault." Actually, I'd like to correct that statement. It's because of her encouragement that I am using my gift of creativity in this medium of rubber stamps, ink and paper.

In the past year or two, I've really come to value the idea that we need people and activities that are life-giving. If you have someone around you who gives you life, you are energized when you spend time with them. You may also be challenged by them in good ways, to move out in areas where you are gifted.

Then there are those people who give you life, because they share their love of Jesus with you. Lorelei is one of these. She loves Jesus and loves to challenge herself and the people around her with the truth of God's word and His love for the world.

Lorelei has been an encourager and a sounding board as I have taken little steps to share my love to create with the people around me. I am blessed to call her my friend.

If you have a special person around you, why not make a card for them and let them know how they have impacted your life.




No comments: